International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences

International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences


International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Vol. 6, Issue 5 (2021)

Component analysis and quality evaluation of Rheum tanguticum from Sichuan Plateau area of China


Xiang Liu, Yingxin Wei, Fengying Ge, Wei Dai, Jianchuan Wang, Xiaona Zhang, Lin Ma

The aim was to measure the total anthraquinone, free anthraquinone, tannin, total ash, moisture and extractum content of Rheum tanguticum from Sichuan plateau area of China. The important index specified in the Chinese pharmacopoeia is the content of anthraquinones in R. tanguticum, which is determined by HPLC. The secondary indexes moisture, extractum and total ash. The non-Chinese Pharmacopoeia index is tannin content, which is determined by UV method. The result was that the moisture content of 10 samples did not exceed 15.0%, the total ash score did not exceed 10.0%, and the content of the extractum reached over 25.0%, which all meet the pharmacopeia index. In addition, for the determination of anthraquinone content, the result of the total anthraquinone percentage of 10 samples was higher than 1.50%, meeting the pharmacopeia requirements. But in some samples, the percentage content of free anthraquinone did not reach 0.20% and did not meet the Pharmacopoeia standard. The tannin content of 10 samples was up to 52.46 mg/g, but not at about 10%~30%. The conclusion is that the quality difference of different Ruoergai County production can provide a reference value for the germplasm resource identification and production technology improvement of the R. tanguticum plantation area.
Download  |  Pages : 13-19
How to cite this article:
Xiang Liu, Yingxin Wei, Fengying Ge, Wei Dai, Jianchuan Wang, Xiaona Zhang, Lin Ma. Component analysis and quality evaluation of Rheum tanguticum from Sichuan Plateau area of China. International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Volume 6, Issue 5, 2021, Pages 13-19
International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences